Guitar Horizons, a Program of The St. Louis Classical Guitar Society--Our Education Program
Thanks to the generosity of many donors, we are now supply guitar instructors to Adams Elementary and Carr Lane VPA Middle School in St. Louis City; Central, Griffith, Holman, Johnson Wabash Duchesne, and Walnut Grove Elementary Schools in Ferguson; Jefferson and Washington Elementary Schools in Normandy; Hanrahan Elementary, Northview Elementary School, and the Junior High School in Jennings; and the Mathews-Dickey Boys' and Girls' Club of St Louis. Our favored curriculum developed by Austin Classical Guitar at GuitarCurriculum.com has proven successful in allowing classes with students of diverse abilities to learn and perform as a group. There are currently over twenty-four St. Louis area schools using our curriculum; at least ten of them would like to have our educator come to co-teach with their regular classroom music teacher! We also offer professional development to these teachers to ready them to participate. Our organization is playing an important role in this transformation of music education, both throughout our region and the the nation. We welcome your support to help us continue to provide instruments, supplies, educational materials, and educational assistance to additional deserving schools.
Support our General Operations
Please help support the St. Louis Classical Guitar Society in its general operations. We are a Missouri-chartered corporation determined by the IRS to be 501(c)(3) qualified. All donations to this category are 100% tax-deductible in the year given. Your support is what enables us to continue to support music for the classical guitar in everything we do! All donations from individuals from now through December 31, 2016, will be matched by our 2017 Visionaries, up to $20,000!
- The presentation of world-renowned performers at the Ethical Society and other St. Louis venues--primarily on the classical guitar, but also such instruments as the renaissance lute, Baroque guitar, mandolin, and flamenco guitar;
- Master classes by these same renowned artists --held at local universities-- where local aspiring guitarists receive coaching from these phenomenal performers in front of anyone wishing to learn more about music interpretation and instrumental technique;
- Daytime performances and in-school visits by our visiting artists for local students grades 3 through 9 and their teachers, primarily for underserved students from city and North County public schools (includes pre- and post-performance study guides and vouchers for free admission to upcoming evening performances);
- Our Guitar Orchestra composed of Society Members, which will play for community causes sponsored by other organizations, often at no charge to the recipients;
- Our Membership Program, with activities for members such as our Members' Gatherings where members can socialize, enjoy refreshments supplied by the Members Committee, and hear guitar performances by local musicians, student ensembles from local high schools and colleges, and our own Guitar Orchestra!
INSIDE CLASSICAL GUITAR
THIS WEEKLY RADIO SHOW ON RAFSTL.ORG Mondays at 7 pm and Thursdays at 11:00 pm. Our show is entitled "Inside Classical Guitar," produced and funded through the St. Louis Classical Guitar Society. All donations from individuals from now through December 31, 2016, will be matched by our 2017 Visionaries, up to $20,000! Our Producer and Show Host is longtime St. Louis radio personality John Clayton, with William Ash, Executive Producer. The general focus of Inside Classical Guitar is to feature interviews and quality recordings of outstanding classical guitarists--both emerging talent and artists of proven significance--and discussions of interest to guitar followers. Many of the players to be featured will be ones that the St. Louis Classical Guitar Society has sponsored or will be sponsoring in live performance in St. Louis. Your support will help keep us on the air!
KJEA Memorial Fund
The KJEA Memorial Fund was established in the spring of 2009 to honor Kathy's many contributions, and to ensure both the financial stability and the longevity of the St. Louis Classical Guitar Society to perpetuity. All donations from individuals from now through December 31, 2016, will be matched by our 2017 Visionaries, up to $20,000!The fund is an internally-held restricted fund controlled by the Guitar Society Board of Directors in its collective capacity. It will only be used to carry out the cultural and educational goals as set out in the Society's corporate charter. More About the Fund